Saturday, November 19, 2011

Mexico City Zoo 2/3

The Canadian Embassy, on my way to the Zoo.
The smallest McDonald's that I have ever seen.
Penguins. (The others were behind the rocks.)
'Canis Familiaris'. I know that pet dogs belong to this group, but I am not sure if these are a special kind or not.
Bat exhibit. (They were all sleeping and I couldn't see any.)
Pink flamingos. They must have a good diet of shrimp to be that pink.
Red parrots.
Green parrots.
Peahens.

The peacock.
The Zoo had an exhibit called the Montezum Aviary. You could walk around the exhibit with the birds. I think these might be some sort of Pelican, but I don't know. The one in the front liked to try to bite people that came near it. (I kept my distance to avoid a medical claim.)
Ducks much like the ones we have in Canada.

I got to watch this bird get fed

These two were funny. They must have been related somehow. They would fight one minute and then cuddle the next.

This bird is sitting on a perch after dive bombing right past me on the walk way.

I had to follow this bird into the bush. He has a really neat set of head feathers.

Toucans.


Ex-patriots ( a little blurry). The Zoo was closing so I decided to try to see as many animals as I could on my way out. (I took pictures of the same animals the next day because the light was better.)

Deer.

This is an elk or cariboo (I'm not sure, I didn't know enough Spanish to read the signs.

This is the Gandhi monument in Chapultepec Park. I use it as a landmark to get from the parking lot of the Museum of Anthroplogy back on to Ruben Dario and then to the hotel or production office.

This is the Coca-Cola building. It is next to the park and a few buildings down from the Canadian Embassy.

No comments:

Post a Comment